Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I’ll be stronger and better in Pattaya, says Kimbeley

KUALA LUMPUR: Triathlete Kimbeley Yap will also be out to prove that her gold medal-winning effort in the last SEA Games in Manila was no flash in the pan.
Kimbeley said that she had improved gradually over the last two years and she was confident of an even better showing in Pattaya in December.

“When I won the gold medal two years ago, I clocked 2'14. I now have a personal best of 2'06, which I clocked at the World Cup in Hungary last September. I want to retain the SEA Games gold medal and I believe that I will be stronger than I was in Manila two years ago,” she said.
The other female triathlete for the Games is Ooi Chiew Wei. In the men's competition, Malaysia will be represented by Razani Husain and Wei Kuo Hau.

Duathlon will make its debut in the Games. The Malaysian male competitors are Shahrom Abdullah and Heidlee Mohamad. The women in the team are Mariana Mohamad and Stephanie Chok Kui Eng.

Meanwhile, Razani and Stephanie were named as the Power Bar National Triathlete of the Year. They duo were the best overall performers from five triathlons on the local circuit this year.
Stephanie won four legs – in A'Famosa (April), Bukit Merah (May), Kenyir Lake (May) and Desaru (Aug). Razani was the winner in A'Famosa, Kenyir and Bukit Merah. As the overall champions, they each received RM5,000.

No comments: