I've just finished my first season as a member of the wonderful triathlon community in Malaysia, and for some time now have been having thoughts about becoming more involved than just participating in races.
I also noticed the following (correct me if I am wrong):
- There are no formal triathlon "Clubs" in Malaysia, in the traditional sense.
- There are no Malaysian or Asian magazines catering for triathlon.
- Newspapers and the media in general give triathlon very little coverage.
- Communication amongst the community seems to be limited to the forum swimbikerunmalaysia.com and certain popular blogs.
- Race calendar
- Race reports (of entire races, not one persons experience)
- Interviews with local triathletes (not just the superstars!)
- Route Maps
- News on group swim and run sessions and bike rides
- Information on coaching, swimming pools, shops
- Product reviews*
- Training Tips*
I have a limited amount of time to spend on this site, so I would be looking for input from anyone who's willing. Also, I don't have any particular path that I want to follow, this site might live or die depending on the response, and I plan to tailor the content according to feedback from the site's visitors.
It might become an online magazine, or the online presence of a "Club", a resource centre or something else, I really don't know.
If you have an opinion on this idea, or any suggestions, please post a comment below or email me (firstname.lastname@example.org).